Want to add Polygon to Metamask?
If your answer is YES but don’t know how it is done then look no further as we have you covered.
This post will walk you through the process of adding Polygon to Metamask with screenshots.
To add Polygon to Metamask, you need to download and install the Metamask extension.
Once installed, you will have to add a network and provide some basic blockchain information to Metamask.
Once done, you will have to visit a popular like Coingecko.com and find Tokens that are on Polygon and add it to Metamask.
If you don’t know how this procedure works then keep reading this post.
How to Add Polygon To Metamask
Metamask is one of the most popular Cryptocurrency wallets available for both Mobile and PC.
Unlike the Trust Wallet extension, Metamask’s browser extension is available for Chrome and is used by millions of users.
If you have not downloaded the Metamask browser extension as of now, download it now by clicking on this link.
Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the Metamask extension, open it and click on the ‘Import Wallet’ option.
Now, enter your desired password to access your Metamask Wallet. Once created, a new window will appear where you have to click on the Lock section to reveal your Secret Recovery Phrase.
Also Read >> HOW TO ADD BINANCE SMART CHAIN (BSC) TO METAMASK?
Once revealed, make sure to save it on your device or some safe place.
Once saved, confirm your Secret Recovery Phrase by entering it.
Once confirmed, you will be able to access your Metamask wallet.
To add Polygon to Metamask, open Metamask by clicking on its extension icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
Once it is opened, click on the ‘Ethereum Mainnet’ drop-down option and then click on the ‘Add Network’.
When you click on it, you will be taken to a new page where you have to enter the following details:
|New RPC URL||Choose any of the following:|
|Block Explorer URL||https://polygonscan.com/|
Once entered, click on the Save button to add Polygon to Metamask.
When you do so, you will have Polygon token MANIC added to Metamask.
To add another Polygon token to Metamask, you will have to follow a few simple steps:
- Visit popular exchanges like CoinGecko.com.
- Once you are on the site, find tokens that are available on Polygonscan.com
- Once found, click on the FOX icon as shown in the above picture.
- After clicking on it, open Metamask extension and click on the ‘Add Token’ option.
- When you do so, you will have the Polygon token added to Metamask.
- That’s it.
There are plenty of users who reported that they are unable to add the Polygon token by using the first and whenever they try the first method they get an error that says “This token does not appear to be supported. Please check your Metamask network”.
If you are getting the “This token does not appear to be supported. Please check your Metamask network” error while adding the Polygon token to Metamask, follow the steps written below:
- Open an exchange at CoinGecko.com
- Find a Token that is available on Polygonscan.com
- Once found, click on the Copy icon to copy the token’s contract address.
- Once copied, open the Metamask extension and click on the ‘Import Token’ option.
- Now, go to the custom Token section and paste the contract address into the field ‘Token Contract Address’.
- Once pasted, click on the ‘Add Custom Token’ button.
- Once done, click on the ‘Import Tokens’ button.
- You have successfully added polygon token MANIC to Metamask.
- That’s it.