Is Arris Router Wifi not working for you?
If your answer is YES then don’t worry, you are not the only person who is having Arris Surfboard no wifi issue right now.
There could be numerous reasons behind the Arris router wifi not working issue but if you are looking for a possible solution then look no further as we have got you covered.
Irrespective of what reason causes the wifi not working issue on Arris Router, this post will teach you the simplest way to resolve this router issue in 2022.
Also Read >> How to Connect Samsung TV To 5GHz Wifi In 2022?
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
- What Causes Arris Surfboard No Wifi Issue?
- Arris Router Wifi Not Working Fix
- Method 1: Hard Reset Or Power Cycle Arris Router
- Method 2: Improve Wireless Signal
- Method 3: Remove Interference
- Method 4: Disconnect All Devices
- Method 5: Disconnect VPN Software
- Method 6: Change Wifi Channels
- Method 7: Factory Reset Your Arris Router
What Causes Arris Surfboard No Wifi Issue?
There is no specific reason that causes the wifi not working issue on the Arris router.
However, we have discovered a bunch of common reasons that often trigger Arris Router wifi not working issue.
Here are all possible reasons that could lead to wifi not working issue on Arris Router:
1. Issue In Your Arris Router
Before you apply any of the following methods to resolve this issue, make sure to check out your Arris Router first.
If your router has any hardware problem or temporal power malfunction, you are most likely to encounter an Arris Router wifi not working issue.
2. Incorrect Frequency
If you have selected an incorrect frequency for your Arris Router to transmit, you would not be able to its wifi.
3. Issue In Your Device
Arris Router is not always at fault.
Yes, you might encounter the Arris Surfboard no wifi issue because of your device as well.
If your device is not functioning properly and you try to connect it to Arris Router, you will face issues.
3. Fault In Cable Connections
If you have any issue in your Cable Connections that connects to Arris Router, you are likely to encounter a wifi not working issue.
Arris Router Wifi Not Working Fix
Now, you know all possible reasons that could lead to wifi not working issue on Arris Router.
To make your work easier, we have mentioned a bunch of methods to resolve this issue.
The reason why have mentioned multiple methods is that it is not compulsory that the method that worked for me will also for you as well.
You will have to apply each method one by one until you have successfully resolved the issue.
Once you have successfully resolved the Arris Router wifi not working issue, do let us know which method worked for you.
Method 1: Hard Reset Or Power Cycle Arris Router
The first and basic solution to this issue is Restarting Arris Router.
Once you have successfully restarted your Arris Router, try to connect your device to wifi and see if the error remains.
If your Arris Router does not have a Restart button, you will have to try the Power Cycle.
For those who don’t know how to power cycle Arris Router must follow the steps written below:
- Unplug your Arris Router from the power source.
- Wait for a while and then plug the power adapter back in.
- Turn on your Router.
- That’s it.
Once you have successfully done Power Cycle, try to connect your device to wifi and see if the error is fixed.
If you continue to encounter the Arris Router wifi not working issue then jump to the second method.
Method 2: Improve Wireless Signal
If you are unable to connect your device to Arris Router/Modem, make sure your device and Arris Router are in the same room.
If your device is kept far away from your Arris Router, you are likely to encounter a wifi not connecting issue.
Reducing the distance between the Arris Router and your device could prevent you from encountering wifi not working issues.
Here are some tips to improve the strength of your wifi signal:
- Instead of using the 5Ghz frequency network, use the 2.4Ghz network.
- Make sure to keep the router in the middle of the room.
- Make sure the direction of the Antennas is upwards.
- Make sure you have the guest network featured disabled.
- Make sure you have updated your Router’s firmware recently.
Method 3: Remove Interference
Having a solid object or device interference could reduce the strength of Arris Router wifi.
If you don’t want to encounter a wifi not working issue on Arris Router, make sure your Router is kept as close as possible to your device.
If it is not possible to keep your Router or device next to each other, make sure to remove solid or metal objects.
Method 4: Disconnect All Devices
If you have multiple devices connected to Arris Router, make sure to disconnect them all.
Having multiple devices connected to a network sometimes leads to outages.
To resolve the wifi not working issue, you will have to disconnect all devices from your network.
Do you know how to disconnect the device from your network?
If your answer is NO then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head to the Settings of the device.
- Go to Wifi Settings.
- Make sure you have Wifi disabled.
Once you have successfully disconnected all of your devices from the network, make sure to connect only one device and check if the Wifi is working properly.
Method 5: Disconnect VPN Software
If you continue to encounter the Arris Surfboard no wifi issue, make sure you don’t have any VPN software installed on your device.
There is no denying that VPN is one of the best ways to access blocked sites or keep your IP protected but sometimes it could severely impact your Wifi speed.
When you have any VPN software installed on your PC or Phone, the VPN Software scrambles your IP address whenever you visit a new website, which makes the data travel a bit longer than usual.
Method 6: Change Wifi Channels
If your wifi speed is too slow due to the channel your network is using, make sure to switch it to another Wifi channel.
To switch from one channel to another channel of your Arris Router, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- First, navigate the Wireless Settings of your router.
- Select the 802.11 Wireless Radio.
- From the drop-down menu, select a New channel.
- Once you have successfully switched from one channel to another channel, make sure to Save the Settings.
- Once done, restart your Arris Router and see if the error is fixed.
Method 7: Factory Reset Your Arris Router
If none of the above-mentioned methods resolved the Arris Surfboard no wifi issue, you have no option left but to factory reset your router.
Once you have successfully factory reset your Arris Router, your network performance is likely to be increased significantly.
Before you factory reset your router, let me tell you that your device settings will be wiped completely.
Once the factory reset is done, you will have to reconfigure network settings like the Network name and wifi password.
There are two methods that can be used to reset your Arris Router.
To make your work easier, we have mentioned both the methods here.
Method 1: Use Reset Button
- Locate the Reset button on your Arris Router or Modem. You can find it on the backside of the device.
- Once located, press and hold it for 15 seconds.
- Now, you will have to wait until the reset is completed.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Use Router Web Interface
- To reset your Arris Router using the web interface, you will need to log in to your router or modem.
- Once logged in, look for Security and Utilities depending on your device.
- Select the option to factory reset the device to default settings.
- Wait until the reset is completed.
- That’s it.
That’s everything you need to know about how to resolve the Arris Router wifi not working issue in 2022.