Betterdiscord is a client modification for Discord that allows users to install themes and plugins to enhance Discord’s overall experience.
If you install themes and plugins using Better Discord to make your Discord cool and unique then you should know that your Discord account is totally safe.
Irrespective of whether you use Better Discord themes or Better Discord plugins, you would not get banned by Discord.
There is no denying that Better Discord has tons of features but sometimes it does not work the way it should.
Currently, there are plenty of users are complaining that Better Discord is not working for them.
Also Read > Xenolib Better Discord Plugin Not Working Fix
If you too are encountering the Better Discord not working error then let me tell you that this error usually occurs due to corrupted files, slow internet connection, firewall and using third-party tools and applications.
Apart from these things, you could also encounter the same error when Discord’s servers are down.
If Better Discord is not working for you and you are here to know its possible solution then don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How To Fix Betterdiscord Not Working Problem?
There are multiple methods that can be used to resolve the Better Discord not working problem.
If you don’t know what those methods are and how they work, follow the steps written below:
Here are some solutions to fix the Better discord not working issue:
Method 1: Reinstall Discord
If your BetterDiscord is not working properly, the first and foremost thing I would say is to uninstall and reinstall your Discord application.
To uninstall and reinstall Discord on your PC, follow the steps written below:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard at the same time.
- When you do so, the Run window will appear on the screen.
- Now, type cpl into the Open field and hit the Enter button.
- When you do so, you will be shown a list of applications and software installed on your PC.
- What all you need to do is find ‘Discord’ and right-click on it.
- After clicking on it, select ‘Uninstall’.
- When you do so, the uninstallation process will begin.
- Once you have successfully uninstalled Discord from your PC, download and install Discord from its official site.
- Once done, launch the app and see if the error remains.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Reinstall Better Discord
If you continue to face the Better Discord not working problem on your PC, you should try reinstalling Better Discord to resolve the issue.
To reinstall Better Discord, you will have to download and install Better Discord Installer first.
Once installed, launch it on your PC and then select the download link based on your PC.
Now, select ‘Uninstall BandagdBD’ from the options showing on the screen.
Now, select Remove from the Stable Box and make sure both options in the Additional Options are ticked.
Once done, now click on the ‘Uninstall’ option to remove Better Discord from your PC.
Method 3: Logout and Login to Discord
Before you apply the following methods to fix the Better Discord not working problem, you should try logging out to your Discord and logging in again.
Sometimes, this method resolves the Better Discord not working issue.
Method 4: Remove Custom Themes & Plugins
If you are unable to open Better Discord on your PC, make sure you don’t have any corrupted plugins or themes installed.
Having corrupted custom Better Discord plugins and themes installed on our PC could affect the app’s performance.
To resolve the issue, you will have to find out those themes and plugins and remove them from your device.
To remove custom Better Discord themes and plugins, you have to follow these steps,
- Click on the Settings option and access the User Settings
- There, you will have to click on the Plugins and Themes option from the side panel.
- When you click on it, a new window will appear on the right side.
- There, you will have to click on the ‘Open Plugin Folder’ or ‘Open Theme Folder’.
- If you have any custom themes or plugins in this folder, make sure to remove them.
- Once removed, launch Better Discord and see if the error remains.
- That’s it.
Method 5: Remove bdstorage.json File
This method seems strange but it has worked for many users. To fix the Better Discord not working issue, you simply need to remove bdstorage.json File or just relocate bdstorage.json file temporary.
To remove the bdstorage.json file, you have to follow these steps written below:
- In your file explorer, go to this location C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\BetterDiscord.
- When you get there, you will find bdstorage.json filefile.
- Click on it then press Ctrl+X to cut the file and then press
Ctrl+ V to paste.
- That’s it.
These are some easy ways that can be used to fix the Better Discord not working issue.