Do you want to delete your Cash App account?
If your answer is YES then don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Cash App is undoubtedly one of the best applications to send, receive and request money online but people keep searching for new apps to get more features or discounts.
Using multiple apps to transfer or receive money is a bit difficult and that’s the reason why people prefer to delete the Cash App account before moving to the new one.
Regardless of the reason, if you want to delete your Cash App account and you don’t know how it is done then follow the steps mentioned below:
Also Read >> How to Unblock Cash App Account?
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Deleting Cash App Account Guide
Before you remove or delete your Cash App account, make sure you don’t have funds in it.
If you have funds in your Cash App account then you will have to transfer them to your bank account first.
To transfer money from Cash App to your bank account, you will have to follow a few simple steps:
First, launch Cash App and log in to it.
Once logged in, you will have to tap on the Home icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen and then tap on the ‘Cash Out’ button.
When you do so, all of your funds will be transferred to your linked bank account.
Once you have successfully transferred funds from Cash App to your bank account, you can delete your account.
To delete the Cash App account, follow the steps written below:
- First, launch Cash App on your phone.
- Tap on the Home ($) button located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- If you have a cash balance, tap on Cash Out button.
- Once your Cash Balance is Zero, click on the Profile icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- There, you will have to click on the ‘Support’ option.
- On a new page, you will have to click on ‘Something Else’.
- Under this page, you will have to click on the ‘Edit Account Settings’.
- Now, you will be shown multiple options, make sure to click on ‘Close My Cash App Account’.
- When you do so, you will be asked to confirm whether you want to delete your Cash App account.
- To delete the Cash App account, click on the Confirm button.
- That’s it.
Note: Once you deleted your Cash App account, your $Casthtage will be disabled preventing you from transferring or receiving payments via Cash App.
If anyone uses your username to transfer money, he or she will get an error.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I permanently delete my Cash App?
Ans: To delete your Cash App account, go to Homepage >> Profile >> Support >> Something Else. >> Edit Account Settings >> Close My Cash App Account >> Confirm.
Q2. Can I delete my Cash App transaction history?
Ans: Unfortunately, the answer is NO. The app does not allow its users to delete their transaction history.
Q3. How do I recover my old Cash App account?
Ans: To recover your old Cash App account, you will have to tap on your profile icon and tap on the ‘Sign Out’ button.
Once signed out, enter the phone number or email associated with your old Cash App account and follow the prompts.
Q4. Is there a phone number for Cash App Customer Service?
Ans: Yes, you can contact Cash App Customer service at 1-800-969-1940.
Q5. Will Cash App return money if scammed?
Ans: Cash App ensures that no fraudulent transaction takes place on its platform.
However, if any happens, they refund the money to the user’s Cash App balance or their linked bank account.
Sometimes, the refund could take one to three Business days.