Are you getting the Instagram black message error?
If your answer is YES then don’t worry, you are not the only person who is encountering this Instagram error right now.
There are plenty of users belonging to the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and other parts of the world who are having this error right now.
Since the number of users encountering the Instagram messages blacked out error is huge, a lot of people are currently searching for ways to fix it.
With that in mind, we have curated a guide explaining how to fix the Instagram black messages or Instagram DM’s not showing errors in 2022.
If you are here to learn how to fix this error then look no further as we have got you covered.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Instagram Messages Blacked Out Fix (2022)
The process of fixing the Instagram black message error is pretty simple.
To fix the Instagram messages blacked out error, you simply need to open up the Instagram app and enabled the Dark Mode.
Do you know how to enable dark mode on Instagram?
If your answer is NO then don’t worry, we have got your back.
Since the process of enabling dark mode on Instagram is different for Android and iOS devices, we will explain their procedures separately.
To enable Instagram dark mode on Android, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- First, open up your Instagram app.
- Once opened, tap on your Profile icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- In your profile window, tap on the three-layer icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
- When you tap on it, a bunch of options will appear on the screen.
- From the pop-up screen, tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- In the Settings window, you will see an option called ‘Theme’.
- When you tap on the Theme option, you will see multiple options — Light, Dark and System Default.
- To enable Instagram Dark Mode, make sure to select ‘Dark’.
- Once the dark mode is enabled, head back to the Chat window and type messages and see if the blacked-out messages error is fixed.
- That’s it.
To enable Instagram Dark mode on iOS devices, you will need to follow the steps written below:
- First, open up the Settings app.
- Scroll down until you see an option Display and Brightness.
- When you tap on it, you will see two options — Light and Dark.
- Select Dark.
- Once selected, head back to the chat window and have a chat with your friends and see if the error is fixed.
- That’s it.
That’s everything you need to about how to fix the Instagram black message error in 2022.
While you are here, you might also be interested in knowing how to fix the Instagram filters not working error in 2022.