There is no denying that Instagram is one of the most popular social platforms right now.
Since Instagram has become massively popular across the world, Millions of images are uploaded to Instagram every month, making it difficult for users to find people through their IG profile photos.
There are tons of people who want to do a reverse search on Instagram but they can’t because Instagram does not allow image search on its platform.
The reason why Instagram does not allow Image search is it has an end to end encryption enabled.
There is no denying that Instagram does not allow Image search but if you want to do a reversed Instagram image search, you will have to read this guide till the end.
In this guide, we will reveal a bunch of methods that can be used to find any Instagram profile with the help of a reverse Image search.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Instagram Reverse Image Search Guide
Before I teach you a bunch of methods to find people through Instagram photos, let me tell you that the Instagram Reverse Image search technique is usually used for two reasons.
- To find a person using their Profile photo.
- To detect plagiarism.
Regardless of the reason, if you follow the steps written below, you will be able to do a reverse Instagram image search.
Here are a few simples ways to use the Instagram Reverse Image Search technique:
Google Image Search
As mentioned above, Instagram reverse image search is a technique, which can be used to find the source of the image.
Since the official application of Instagram does not allow reverse image search, you will have to use the Google Image Search tool.
With the help of using this tool, you can find similar images uploaded on the internet.
To do a reverse Instagram Image search, you simply need to upload the photo on Google Image Search.
Once uploaded, Google Image Search will display all images similar to the photo you uploaded.
Google Image Search is one of the best reverse image search platforms where you can upload images and find all similar images available on the internet.
If the URL of the image is from Instagram, you can find the Instagram profile as well.
To do a reverse image search for Instagram on Google Image Search, you have to follow the steps written below:
- First, go to image.google.com.
- Click on the Camera icon.
- When you click on it, you will be asked to upload an image, which can be done by pasting the URL, dragging the image and simply uploading the file from your PC or Mobile.
- When you upload an image, you will be shown all similar images available on the internet.
- Now, you will have to find links from Instagram.com.
- Once found, click on it to see the Instagram Profile photo.
- That’s it.
Bing is yet another reverse image search engine where you can find people by using their Instagam Profile photo.
Similar to Google Image Search Engine, you simply need to visit Bing.com and click on the Camera icon shown in the below picture.
When you click on the Camera icon, you will be asked to either drag, upload or paste the Image URL to get the reverse image search started.
When you do so, you will be shown all similar images available on the internet.
Images uploaded on Bing are secure and can not be discovered by other users.
TinEye is one of the best platforms to do a reverse Instagram Image search.
If you are unable to get the desired result on Google and Bing, using TinEye is highly recommended.
For the unversed, TinEye uses image detection technology to find information related to the image.
It uses image details like pixels, visual patterns, colours, etc., to identify images available across the web.
To do a reverse Instagram Image search using TinEye, follow the steps written below:
- First, visit TinEye.com
- Once you are on the website, click on the Upload button or paste the Image URL to do a reverse Image search.
- When you do so, you will find all places where an Instagram image appeared on the web.
- If you don’t want to do all these steps, install the TinEye extension on your Google Chrome browser to do a reverse search image.
- Once you have successfully added the TinEye Google Chrome extension, you simply need to click on the image you want to reverse search and select “search image on TinEye”.
- That’s it.
That’s everything you need to know about how to reverse Image search on Instagram.