Are you getting an ‘Internal JSON-RPC Error’ on Metamask?
If your answer is YES and you want to fix it now then you have come to the right place.
Before we explain how to fix the ‘Internal JSON-RPC Error’, let me tell you that this error occurs while connecting the Ledger Hardware Wallet to Metamask Wallet.
If too are having a hard time connecting Ledger to Metamask then look no further as we have got you covered.
Also Read >> HOW TO ADD ARBITRUM TO METAMASK?
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix Internal JSON-RPC Error On Metamask?
Before you apply the following method, make sure your Metamask browser extension or application is up to date and has enough native tokens from that network to pay for gas.
To fix the Internal JSON-RPC error on Metamask, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Google Chrome and open Metamask extension by clicking on its icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Once opened, click on the profile icon.
- When you do so, a menu will appear on the screen.
- There, you will have to select ‘Settings’.
- Now, click on the ‘Advanced‘ option and scroll down until you see ‘Preferred Ledger Connection Type. option as shown in the above picture.
Also Read >> How to Add Polygon To Metamask?
- Click on the drop-down icon and select ‘Ledger Live’.
- Once selected, head back to Metamask Wallet and click on the profile icon again.
- This time, you will have to select ‘Connect Hardware Wallet’.
- When you do so, you will be taken to a new page, where you will get multiple options — Ledger, Trezor, Lattice, and QR Based.
- You will have to select ‘Ledger’.
- Once selected, click on the ‘Continue‘ button.
- Clicking on it will redirect you to a new window, where you will have to select ‘Open Ledger Live’
- After a while, the Device Bridge window will appear on Ledger Live.
- All you need to do is click on the Open button.
- That’s it.
That’s everything you need to know about how to fix the Internal JSON RPC error on Metamask in 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How Do I Fix Internal JSON RPC Error On Metamask?
Ans: Whenever you get an Internal JSON RPC error on Metamask, make sure you have added the network correctly and have enough native tokens from the network to pay a gas fee.
If you have added the network correctly and have enough tokens for the gas fee, make sure to update Metamask to the latest version.
Q2. What is Internal JSON RPC Error?
Ans: Whenever you get an Internal JSON RPC error on Metamask, it means the Metamask Chrome extension is having a hard time detecting Ledger.
Q3. What is an RPC in Metamask?
Ans: RPC in Metamask stands for Remote Procedure Call (RPC), a set of protocols allowing a client to interact with a Blockchain.