Are you getting the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone while making a call in 2023?
If your answer is YES then don’t worry, you are not alone who are getting this frustrating error nowadays.
There is no denying that the Last Line No Longer Available error occurs in iPhone 11, 12, 12 Pro, 13 or 13 Pro but the majority of users who are getting this issue right now are iPhone 13 users.
A lot of iPhone 13 users took to Twitter and complained about this issue but the issue is yet to be solved by Apple.
However, if you are having the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone then don’t worry, we have a guide explaining multiple methods to fix it.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
- ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ iPhone Error Fix (2023)
‘Last Line No Longer Available’ iPhone Error Fix (2023)
Before we explain tips to resolve the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error on iPhone, let’s talk about the reason that causes this issue.
Notably, this is not the first time when iPhone users have faced this error while making a call.
Yes, the error has been popping up since Apple launched iOS 12.
The Last Line No Longer Available error on iPhone appears only when you have two SIMs active on your phone.
There is no denying that iOS allows its users to select and use their default line while making a call or sending messages to someone not included in your contact list.
Whenever iPhone users get this error they are restricted from making a call through their preferred SIM card.
When this happens, they don’t have any option but to use the remaining line for making a call.
Also Read >> How to Control iPhone From Mac?
To fix the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone, you will have to apply the following methods:
1. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
Turning ON or OFF Airplane Mode might be a basic solution for any network related issue but it helped many fix the Last Line Longer Available error on their iPhone.
If you keep getting this error on the iPhone and have not tried this trick yet then I advise you to give it a try and then jump to the next solution if it does not work for you.
To turn ON Airplane Mode, Swipe down from the top right corner to open the Control Center.
When it appears, tap on the aeroplane mode icon to enable it. Once enabled, wait for a while and then tap on the same icon to disable it.
Once done, open up the Phone app and try to make a call through your preferred network and see if the error remains.
2. Clear Your Recent Call Log
The second solution that worked for many needs you to clear your recent call log.
Have you done it? If not then follow the steps written below:
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Edit option located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Clear option located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Doing this will show you a pop-up window, select ‘Clear All Recents’.
- Once done, restart your device and check if the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error is fixed.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone
Sometimes connection related issues are fixed by simply restarting an iPhone.
If you have not restarted your iPhone yet then make sure to force restart or hard reset.
To know how it is done follow the steps written below:
- Press the Volume UP button and then press the Volume Down button. Once done, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Also Read >> Not All Contacts Were Deleted iPhone Error Fix
4. Shutdown Your iPhone
If restarting your iPhone could not fix the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error then I advise you to shut down your device for a while and then turn it back ON.
If you don’t know how it is done then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Scroll down and tap on the General option.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Shutdown’ option.
- Now, Drag the ‘Slider to Power Off’ slider to shut down your iPhone.
- Once done, wait for a while and turn it back ON.
5. Try Switching Between SIMs
Similar to Android, iOS does have an option allowing its users to switch between both the active SIMs for making calls or sending messages.
If you continue to get the Last Line No Longer Available error on iPhone, I highly recommend switching between SIMS on your device.
To switch SIMS on iPhone, you will have to tap on the “i” button located next to the contact that you want to make a call and then enter your default phone number and then alternate SIM.
Make sure to select the Primary phone number and select alternate SIM while manually dialling a phone number on your iPhone.
6. Reset Network Settings
The next method that can be used to fix this iPhone error in 2020 requires you to reset your network settings.
Notably, resetting your network settings will reset your Wifi-Network, Passwords, APN, VPN and Cellular Settings.
To reset network settings on iPhone, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on the General option.
- Now Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Now, tap on the ‘Reset’ option.
- When you do so, multiple options will appear on the screen, select ‘Reset Network Settings.
- Now, enter your iPhone’s password
- Tap on the Reset Network Settings to confirm the process.
- That’s it.
7. Check For Software Update
The majority of errors occurring on iPhones are due to using outdated software.
If none of the above-mentioned methods fixed Last Line No Longer Available on iPhone then you must check whether your iPhone has the latest update installed or not.
Before you follow the steps to check for Software Updates, make sure your iPhone is connected to Wifi.
Here are steps to follow:
- Launch Settings app
- Scroll down and tap on General.
- Tap on ‘Software Update’.
- If you have Automatic Updates ON then the device will automatically start searching for updates.
- If there is any Software available, tap on the Download and then Install option.
- That’s it.
8. Update Carrier Settings
It is likely that you are getting the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ issue on iPhone because of outdated carrier Settings.
Yes, similar to OS updates, carrier providers often roll out new updates to boost the performance of the cellular network and fix some minor issues and glitches.
If you have not updated your carrier settings lately then I advise you to update them first.
If you don’t know how it is done then follow the steps written below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the General
- Tap on About.
- There, you will get a message asking you to update the carrier settings.
- Now, tap on the ‘Update’ button.
- That’s it.
9. Remove and Reinsert Your SIM
If none of the above fixes worked for you then I advise you to remove the SIM card and reinsert it.
This might be a basic and old tip but it worked for many.
Before you remove your SIM card, I advise you to turn OFF your phone.
Once done, remove your SIM cards with the help of a SIM injector and reinsert them.
Once reinserted, wait for a while and then turn ON your phone.
These were some ways or tips that can be used to fix the Last Line No Longer Available error on iPhone in 2023.
If any of these solutions helped you fix this issue on your iPhone then do let us know which one it was.
If you know any solution that worked for you and we have not mentioned here then do let us know about that method so we can include it here.