Do you want to reset your Microsoft Word to default settings for Mac?
If your answer is YES then don’t worry, we have got your back.
There are tons of Mac users out there who are currently having trouble resetting their Microsoft Word settings to default and if that’s you then look no further as we have a step by step guide explaining how to do it in a few seconds.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Resetting Microsoft Word to Default Settings On Mac
The process of resetting Microsoft Word to default settings on a Mac is pretty easy.
However, if you are having difficulty doing it then follow the steps written below:
Before you start the process, make sure you don’t have any Microsoft applications like Outlook, Word, or PowerPoint opened in the background.
Once you have quit all Microsoft applications, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- First, you will have to navigate your hard drive.
- Once navigated, select the ‘User‘ folder.
- When you click on it, multiple folders will appear on the screen, select the ‘Library’ folder.
- In the Library folder, you will have to search for a folder that has the name ‘Preferences’.
- When you click on it, you will see numerous files in it. You will need to search for a list of Microsoft files.
- Once found, drag and drop Microsoft Word and Microsft Office files to your Desktop screen.
- Doing this will reset your Microsoft Word to default settings on a Mac.
- Once done, you can delete the files that you have dragged to your Desktop screen.
- That’s it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is Microsoft Word For Mac Free?
Ans: Unfortunately, the answer is NO.
To use Microsoft Word on a Mac, you will need to buy it for $6.99 for a month ($9.99 for a family) or $12.50 a month per business user.
The Standalone version of Microsoft Word comes at a price of $139.99.
Q2. How Do I Download Microsoft Word For Mac?
Ans: To download Microsoft Word for Mac, you will need to open up the Mac App Store.
Before you head to the store and start the downloading process, make sure you have a Microsoft 365 subscription.
To run Microsoft Word on a Mac smoothly, you will have to download its supporting app as well — Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Q3. How Do I Get Microsoft Word For Free on Mac?
Ans: To get Microsoft Word on Mac for free, you will have to create an account on Office.com if you have not already.
Once you have successfully created an account on Office.com, you will see a window showing you the current plans of the Word.
Instead of clicking on the ‘Go Premium’ button, click on the option that says ‘Free Office for the Web’.
When you do so, you will be landed on the official homepage of Office.com.
To use Microsoft Word, Excel or Powerpoint for free, you simply need to select the preferred one from the right panel.
Notably, this would be a web version of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Since it is a free version of Microsoft Word, you can’t download Word files offline.
Q4. How Do I Update Office on Mac?
Ans: To update Microsoft Office on Mac, you will have to open it and select File >> Check for Update.
If there is an update available, you will be prompted to download and install it.
Q5. How To Fix Microsoft Word Not Responding on Mac?
Ans: If Word is not responding on your Mac, you will have to force quit the application.
Do you know how to force quit Microsoft Word on a Mac? If your answer is NO then follow the steps written below:
- Press Command-Option Esc on your Keyboard
- Doing this will open up the Force Quit Applications Window.
- In that window, you will need to choose Microsoft Word and then the Force Quit button.
- Once done, restart your Mac and relaunch Microsoft Word and see if the error is fixed.
- That’s it.
That’s everything you need to know about how to reset Microsoft word on a Mac.