Do you want to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to protect your Robinhood account using the Robinhood Authenticator app?
If your answer is YES then you have come to the right place.
There are a total of three ways that can be used to enable 2FA in the Robinhood App but people prefer to use the Robinhood Authenticator app to do so.
Before we explain how to enable 2FA using the Robinhood Authenticator App, let me tell you that once it is enabled, you will receive a device approval request or be prompted for a verification code when you attempt to log in to your Robinhood account or make any changes in it.
There are three ways to enable 2FA in Robinhood — Authenticator App, Device Approvals and Text Message (SMS).
Since this post is all about enabling Two Factor Authentication using the Authenticator App, we would not mention how Device Approvals or Text Messages work.
To know how they work, you can click on this link.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Enable 2F2 Using An Authenticator App?
To enable 2FA in Robinhood using an Authenticator app, you will have to follow a few simple steps:
- First, Download and install an authenticator app.
- Once you have successfully installed an authenticator app, launch Robinhood app on your phone.
- On the main screen, tap on the profile icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In a new window, tap on the three lines located in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the Menu options, Tap on the ‘Security and Privacy.
- Now, Tap on the ‘Two Factor Authentication‘ option and then select ‘Other Authenticator Apps’.
- Now, select the desired Robinhood authenticator app and then tap on Open App to add your key.
- Now, open the selected authenticator app and confirm that you would like to add Robinhood.
- Now, you will have to copy the verification code generated by the authenticator app and paste it into the Robinhood app when prompted.
- Once pasted, you will get a backup code from Robinhood allowing you to log in if you ever lose your device. (Make sure to save the code in a safe place).
- That’s it.
Best Robinhood Authenticator Apps List
If you want to enable 2FA in Robinhood using an authenticator app but struggling to find a better one then don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Unlike other applications, Robinhood supports all major third-party authenticator apps.
Here’s a list of Robinhood authenticator apps:
That’s everything you need to know about how to enable 2FA in Robinhood using the Authenticator apps.