The much-awaited Dark mode feature has been added to Snapchat.
Ever since the Dark mode was introduced in Snapchat, a lot of users want to enable it but the majority of them don’t know how it is done and if that’s you then look no further as we have you covered.
The creators of Snapchat took a lot of time to roll out the Dark mode option on both iOS and Android devices.
If you are an avid Snapchat user and are wondering how to enable Dark mode on Snapchat then don’t worry, we have a step by step guide teaching the same in the easiest way possible.
Also Read >> METAMASK DARK MODE: HOW TO ENABLE ON PHONE & PC?
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Enabling Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS and Android (2022)
It has been almost a year since Snapchat launched Dark mode but there are tons of fans who still are having issues enabling it.
A lot of Android users reported that they are unable to find settings that enable or disable Snapchat Dark mode.
Once you go through our ultimate guide, you will be able to enable Dark Mode in Snapchat on both iOS and Android devices in 2022.
The process of enabling Snapchat Dark mode on Android and iOS is a bit different.
To know how they work, keep reading this post.
Enable Snapchat Dark Mode On Android
Unfortunately, the creators of the app are yet to officially launch the Dark mode feature on Android.
However, if you still want to use Snapchat Dark mode on your Android phone then you will need to use Developer Options and activate the ‘Force Dark Mode’.
The process of activating Snapchat Dark Mode on Android is a bit complicated but if you follow the steps written below, you will be able to do it in no time.
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on the About Phone option.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Build Number’.
- Once found, tap on it seven times to enable the Developer Options.
- Once enabled, head back to Settings options.
- Go to System and then Developer options.
- Scroll down and enable ‘Force Dark Mode’.
- Doing this will force your Android phone into Dark mode.
Note: Despite enabling ‘Force Dark Mode’, you would not be able to enable Dark Mode on Snapchat because the latest version of the app does not support it.
To use Snapchat Dark mode on Android, you will have to download an older version of Snapchat from the Snapchat Uptodown site.
Once you are on the site, click on the Older Versions and keep clicking on the See More option until you see 10.61.2 Beta or 10.72.0.0. Once you found it, click on it and download it on your phone.
You can also download the older version of Snapchat by clicking on this link.
Notably, there are certain new features that you would not get in this version of the app but if you really want to use Snapchat Dark mode on your Android then you will have to compromise a bit.
Once you have successfully downloaded the older version of Snapchat by clicking on the above link, you will have to install it.
Once installed, launch it on your phone and log in using your phone number and password.
That’s how you can enable Snapchat Dark mode on Android devices in 2022.
Since the number of Snapchat users is rising with each passing day, there are chances that Snapchat will officially launch the Dark Mode option on Android devices this year.
Enabling Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone
Activating Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone is pretty simple. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps:
- Launch Snapchat on your phone.
- Tap on your ‘Profile’ icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the My Account section, you will have to find ‘App Appearance’.
- If you don’t have App Appearance listed on your Snapchat, it means you can’t use Snapchat Dark Mode on Android.
- When you tap on ‘App Appearance’, you will see three options — Match System, Always Light and Always Dark.
- To enable Dark Mode on Snapchat, tap on the Always Dark option.
- That’s it.
That’s everything you need to know about to enable Snapchat Dark Mode on Android and iPhone.