Do you want to add Solana to Metamask?
If YES then look no further as we have a guide explaining whether you can add Solana to Metamask or not.
Since Solana and Metamask run on two different blockchains, a lot of people are currently wondering ‘is it possible to add SOL to Metamask?’
Also Read >> Internal JSON-RPC Error On MetaMask Fix
Since this guide is all about Solana and Metamask, I will try my best to answer your query.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Can I Add Solana To Metamask?
Unfortunately, the answer is NO.
You can’t add Solana to Metamask because they both run on a different blockchain.
For the uninformed, Solana is a blockchain-based token while Metamask runs on the Ethereum blockchain to get the trading done.
You can’t add SOL to Metamask, it does not mean that you can’t add it to other wallets.
There are numerous wallets that run on the Solana blockchain where you can add Solana and trade coins or assets.
Some of the most popular wallets that run on the Solana blockchain are as follows:
- Math Wallet
- Trust Wallet
- Exodus Wallet
Also Read >> Metamask Dark Mode: How to Enable On Phone & PC?
How Do I Add Sol to Phantom?
Since Phantom is one of the best Solana NFT wallets out there, I will explain how you can add Sol to Phantom in no time.
Here’s how you can add SOL to Phantom:
- First, visit the official website of Phantom.
- Once you are on the site, download its extension and application for your device.
- You can download the Phantom application from Google Play Store and App Store for your Android and iOS devices by clicking on the links.
- Once done, create a new Phantom Wallet if you have not already and make sure to save Phantom Recovery Phrase in a safe place.
- Once you have successfully created a Wallet, open the Phantom app or extension.
- When you do so, you will have Sol added to Phantom Wallet.
- That’s it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is Solana an ERC20?
Ans: No, Solana is not ERC20.
For the uninformed, ERC20 is the token standard on the Ethereum blockchain and the Sol token is on the Solana Blockchain, which has its own standard name, SPL.
Q2. Does Solana Support Wallets?
Ans: There are multiple NFT wallets that Solana supports. To make your work easier, we have compiled a list of the best Solana NFT wallets that you can use to send or receive SOL tokens on the Solana Blockchain.
Q3. Can Coinbase Wallet Hold Solana?
Ans: Yes, Coinbase had recently announced that from now onwards Coinbase Wallet extension users can store, send and receive Solana and all of its SPL tokens.
Q4. How to Sell Solana?
Ans: The process of selling Solana is pretty simple.
However, if you don’t know the process then follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, select an exchange that supports SOL/USD trading.
- Once selected, create an account.
- Once your account is created, deposit Sol into your account.
- Sell Sol for fiat
- Now, withdraw your USD or other fiat currency.
- That’s it.
Q5. Is SOL better than ETH?
Ans: There is no denying that both SOL and ETH are amazing but when comparing one another, I would say ETH is better than SOL.